IDS - July 2 - The Unravel blog did a nice summary of a 2010 study by Dr. Adrian North, who surveyed 36,518 people in more than 60 countries about their preference for 104 musical styles, as well as their personality.
Here’s a summary of what Dr. North found:
- Rap/Hip-Hop: high self-esteem, outgoing, not very eco-friendly
- Heavy Metal: gentle, low self-esteem, reserved, and comfortable with themselves
- Indie Rock: low self-esteem, creative, lazy, headstrong
- Electronic/Dance: sociable, headstrong, outgoing, creative
- Classical: high self-esteem, introverted, high earners, eco-friendly
- Pop: high self esteem, hard working, outgoing, low creativity, nervous
Seems like this could be usable on iDating sites for matchmaking.