OPW -- Jan 28 -- Here's my thoughts on what 2007 holds for online dating and social networking. What are your predictions? Your comments please.
1. The Internet Dating market will stratify further with the introduction of new high end services and hybrid sites offering mostly free services. e.g. Match.com's VIP service and LTR.com
2. Social Networks will continue to niche out. e.g.
ActiveRain, A Small World, Grono.net, iWiW.net, MyChurch.org, Rate.ee, WAYN, Zaadz
3. A free eHarmony will emerge
4. Mobile dating will pick up after the launch of the iPhone and N95
5. A new social networking site will steal some of Facebook’s thunder and focus purely on the student market
6. Two more top 10 dating properties will offer optional background checks
7. Match will pioneer high-end matchmaking
8. Dating and social networking services will do voice, properly
9. PlentyofFish will rise to a top 5 dating site rank in the UK and USA