MARKETWIRE - Feb 21 - iovation, the provider of device reputation protection against online fraud and abuse, found that Africa had the highest rate of online fraud when compared to all other continents in 2012.
- Africa - 7% of all transactions were fraudulent, with the highest percentages from Nigeria and Ghana.
- Asia - 5% Bangladesh, Vietnam and India.
- South America - 4%, Chile and Brazil.
- Europe - 2%, Poland, Romania and Portugal.
- North America - 1%, Mexico leading the list.
The majority of fraudulent transactions originating from Africa targeted online dating and retail websites.