OPW - Jan 6 - Recruit Me, LLC is taking aim at a slew of Internet dating companies in a series of patent suits. The defendants are accused of infringing on U.S. Patent No. 5,623,660 issued April, 1997. A "System for Regulating Access to Data Base for Purposes of Data Base Management." Recruit Me is asking for an injunction and damages, interest and court costs.
Happy New Year and thanks to Recruit Me, patent suits just landed on the desks of:
- Catholic Match
- Chameleon Internet Group (PinkWink)
- Global Personals (Fling)
- Here Media (Gay.com & PlanetOut)
- Next C (Mingle2)
- Real Cafes (ChristianCafe)
- Successful Match
- World Singles (IranianPersonals.com)
While these companies were lucky enough to be singled out earlier in the year, in July, 2013.
- Avid Life Media
- DMS Network (DateMySchool)
- IAC / Match
- InfoStream Group (Carrot Dating app)
Recruit Me is represented by Ni, Wang & Associates in Dallas. A jury trial is requested.