OPW - May 25 - I'm speaking at iDate, giving a roundup of essential news-you-can-use, plucking the key numbers available on mobile dating and layering in some hard-line commentary. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it as our 3rd daughter was due to be born right around iDate. But our prior two were early, and l'il Madeleine May Brooks was similarly early. :-)
So here's what I think could be the top 5 presentations at iDate, that you can't afford to miss. My money's on the following being high-ROI presentations.
- Sonny Vu will talk about Wearable computing. We cannot afford to miss the boat on wearables. I'm so excited and committed to wearables that we created wearable.ai to study the industry. So make sure to get to Sonny's presentation.
- It pains me to do this, because payment processing presentations are usually a snoozefest, but I have to recommend you be in Honor Gunday's (Paymentwall) presentation. I admire this man. Several years ago he blew me away with his presentation on Yonja, and he's never failed to deliver the goods. Don't miss it. And its good for you to see what Paysafecard has to offer as well.
- Michael Jones knows the iDating industry cold. Few have spent longer in it, or got deeper knowledge. He left Userplane to run MySpace. If anyone could have turned MySpace around, its him, so I'll throw a couple questions in about that. But mainly he's going to advise us about the investment environment around iDating now. One of my favorite subjects, and biggest concerns. I'll be interviewing him fireside style. Please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) any questions you'd like me to ask him.
- Match just teamed up with Three Day Rule, and the COO, Jill James, is speaking. You cannot miss this session. A few years back Jim Safka, the CEO of Match, said he planned on building Match to $1b+ and high end matchmaking was going to take them there. Plans fizzled, but now they're back in action. Que!? If you're confused about matchmaking, Jill should help shine a light on this nether industry.
- Alex Harrington is the former CEO of Meetmoi, and is now COO of Are You Interested / Snap Interactive. He's a real gentleman, and someone I just wouldn't miss speaking. He's talking about personality assessment. We've heard psychologists talk about this before, but I'd like to hear how he translates shrink-talk into practical assessment tools that improve conversions and retention.
That's my five must-sees. I'll be there. I hope to see you in Beverly Hills at the fantastic SLS Hotel in 11 days.