PRESS RELEASE - May 30 - Global Personals Ltd, the parent company of WhiteLabelDating.com, has been ranked for the 4th consecutive year in the 11th annual Media Momentum Top 50, moving up five places from last year to #31. The list recognises companies with the fastest growing revenue in the European digital economy. In the last three years, Global Personals experienced a 124% increase in revenue.
PRESS RELEASE - Mar 10 - Redwood Empire Stereocasters (RES), a leading US radio network, launched SonomaCountyDating.com on WhiteLabelDating.com's platform. 10% of the network’s listeners have already signed up to SonomaCountyDating.com since the launch in December. RES is using the dating site as a channel to generate additional revenue for their network of four radio stations, KJZY, KZST, KWVF, KTRY.
OPW - Jan 3 - Here are the Courtland Brooks rankings of the top 10 and the worst 4 performing idating sites for PR in 2013. We used Meltwater News and our qualitative analysis.
PRESS RELEASE - Dec 6 - UK Global Personals has been chosen for the goverment's Future Fifty fast-track programme. The program aims to connect high-growth companies with experts to help them scale rapidly. The selected companies will receive support from both public and private sectors.
ITV - Oct 30 - In the last night ITV tonight show - Looking For Love, Jonathan Maitland investigated the shift in attitudes towards Internet dating and its effect on relationships. There are 9M online daters in UK. 1 in 5 relationships now start online and ~23% of recently married UK couples met on the Internet. The online dating clearly works but there are some downsides such as scammers. Jonathan interviewed Sonia Richards who was a victim of “romance dating fraud” and sent ~12K pounds to a Nigerian scammer. He talked to Ryan Pitcher, a former GlobalPersonals.co.uk's employee about his job to send fake messages of love to help boost company profits. Jonathan also attended the last iDate conference in Cologne and asked Mark Brooks whether singles are spoiled for choice because of online dating. You can watch the show here.
PRESS RELEASE - Aug 29 - IDE Group chose WhiteLabelDating.com to migrate TheDatingStudio.com's white label sites and member database. WLD is also offering all their previous partners a 100% revenue share for six months when they launch a new site on the company’s platform.
This post also appears on InternetDatingAffiliates.
WLD - Apr 30 - Psychotherapists The Speakmans launched dating site, ‘SpeakmanDating.com’, on WhiteLabelDating.com platform. Nik and Eva Speakman have cured a range of celebrities including Holly Willoughby, Liz McClarnon, Kerry Katona and Kym Marsh, also releasing a number of best-selling self-help DVDs and books to help conquer fears, addiction and confidence issues. SpeakmanDating.com includes tips and advice from the husband and wife duo.
XBIZ - Mar 29 - WhiteLabelDating.com has announced market growth across the U.K., South Africa and Australia alongside strategies to fully expand into the U.S. in 2013. Revenue from new memberships in UK has increased by 101% in the past year, 89% across the South African network and 250% in Australia.
PRESS RELEASE - Mar 22 - WhiteLabelDating.com has launched their 10,000th site on the platform, shortly after welcoming their 20 millionth member on Valentine’s Day. Launched in 2003, WhiteLabelDating.com offers a platform for brands and individuals to power their own dating sites that currently includes The Independent, Evening Standard, Bauer Media and Dennis Publishing as partners.
WLD - Jan 3 - With smartphones and tablets topping most-wanted gift lists this Christmas, the surge in new handheld devices also had a knock-on effect with users signing up to dating sites through their new gifts. WhiteLabelDating.com saw revenue from mobile increased by 928%, making up 15% of all revenue generated during the last week of December (24.12. - 30.12.).
OPW - Nov 9 - The Australian Internet Dating Conference, covering the Asia Pacific just finished up. Here's a few things I learned.
- There are 1.1 million monthly idaters in Australia.
- Oasis and RSVP and POF are the idating leaders.
- 5% of the 2100 scam victims reported to ACCC lost $100k+ last year.
- Operators say scammer safety warnings don't deter users.
- The iPad is the 'happy' device, used for entertainment and non-work apps.
- Consider using YouTube TrueView, Homepage and First Watch ads.
- Use Google Adwords Social Extensions and you'll see 5-10% CTR uplift.
- Use 'Ripples' on Google+ to Identify influencers.
- Use piktochart.com for quickly developing infographics.
- When planning content, use Google Trends and Linkedin Today to see what's making news.
- Use Spezify.com to identify content partners and search multiple media platforms and Hittail.com for getting content.
- For Influencer marketing: Traackr, Klout, Marketing Cloud, Twitalyzer, Followerwonk.
- Mobile ad returns are disappointing for Oasis.
- They get a lot better return on their msite than their app.
- 10-15% of Oasis ad revenues come from advertising other idating sites.
- Oasis is launching freemium products next month.
- White Label Dating has $7.5 million revenues (run-rate) in the Australia.
- Japan has 4.5 million idaters.
- The leading dating sites in Japan has billboards on trucks.
- There are 180 million bachelors in China.
- The Chinese idating market should be worth $315m in 2015.
- 18% of Asia internet traffic is on mobile, compared with 8% in North America.
- Mobile developers are increasingly using HTML5 web over native apps.
- The iDating industry is weak on engagement marketing (Push/SMS/Email) compared to the gaming industry.
- OtherLevels.com helps analyze and optimize cross channel engagement efforts.
PR NEWSWIRE - Nov 1 - WhiteLabelDating.com, the dating software and services provider will be exhibiting and presenting at iDate Sydney, taking place this week on Nov 7 - 9. WhiteLabelDating.com Operations Director, Matthew Pitt, will be sharing the secrets of how dating start ups can successfully enter this market in his iDate Sydney session, ‘Eating the Big Fish - Methods to Compete with the Leading AU Dating Sites’, on Friday 9th November at 1.30pm.
CHANNEL4 - Nov 1 - Global Personals is one of the UK's largest internet dating companies. Headquartered in Windsor it makes £40M a year, has 130 staff and runs 7,500 dating sites. Two former employees have described how the company duped daters into parting with their cash. Ryan Pitcher and Tom (not his real name) were recruited to join Global Personals to set up and run fake profiles on the company's network of sites. The team members would scour social networks and steal people's photos to use on their fake profiles. Each team member would be running as many as 15 different personalities. In a statement, Global Personals said: "Global Personals was one of the first online dating companies to stop using fake profiles. For almost three years we have actively encouraged other online dating businesses to also stop this practice." The success of the company's pseudo team means it has built up a database of 2.2m people. Trading Standards in Windsor said it has had "ongoing dealings" with Global Personals regarding the company's alleged use of fake profiles.
Ross Williams states: ...We appreciate the acknowledgement that Global Personals has received for being one of the only online dating businesses not to be carrying out this practice. We continue to campaign against pseudo profiles and ask the rest of the industry to stop this practice.
Your comments please...