FF -- Dec 6 -- Developing keyword lists is a mission critical step for organic search engine optimization. This panel reviewed how to mine keywords, research keywords, expand keywords, and refine keywords.
- Look at popularity, click-thru rate, quality (conversion rate), competitiveness, current ranking, track organic conversion, Trellian, WordTracker, Keyword Discovery
- Use Competitive Intelligence tools - Hitwise, Trellian, KeyCompete
- Purchase "broad" and exact keywords
- Use SEO Quake plug-in, Yahoo backlinks via Site Explorer
- Run a ranking report for all keywords you use, if you have multiple domains, run ranking report with "your domain" - "keyword,www.yourdomain.com"
- URL to register for new Microsoft Excel plug-in. This new adCenter tool helps optimize keywords to improve advertiser campaign ROI.
Search API's - "Application programming interface" - suggests keywords in same topic, search rankings by keywords, you can get list of keywords found on your site.
- Yahoo Web Search API
- Windows Life Search API
Keyword Rank Tracking: Advanced Web Ranking XML Reports - cheap, reliable, easy to manage for small jobs, pulls keyword data via API's, downside - bad for automating large and numerous projects with multiple keywords group.
Yahoo Term Extraction API
WordsFinder.com Keyword extractor API