PR WEB -- Jan 23 -- Nicky Senyard, CEO of Share Results, shares
her views and considerations for affiliate marketing in 2008;
- Affiliates will exploit social media marketing (SMM) for SEO
- Facebook's social ads, despite initial consumer privacy concerns, can potentially compete with Google for affiliate PPC revenue.
- 2008 should see a boom in niche social media interest sites in areas such as travel and home & garden.
- Video should also prove a major marketing trend in 2008. Over 48% of internet users visited video sharing sites such as YouTube in 2007 (source: Pew), and advertising during video content is expected to spike by more than 70% (source: eMarketer).
- Mobile marketing may finally reach its long-promised potential as generally accepted platforms, formats and business models unite.
- Affiliates should develop an SMS strategy. With one in three mobile phone users in the U.S. (over 78 million people) having seen or heard ads on their phones in the last three months (source: Mobile Advertising Report)
- Behavioral targeting
- Affiliates will find widgets an engaging, portable and trackable way to reach potential customers.
- Despite spam fatigue, email will remain one of affiliate marketing's biggest ROIs
FULL ARTICLE @ PR WEB