BEST SYNDICATION -- Mar 19 --
- More men - I've seen companies advertise before about having "too many women" on the sites, but personally I think that's all spin.
- Sometimes people lie - What to do: Don't be tempted to lie yourself.
- Online dating is a commitment. It's not easy - You'll need to invest time and energy.
- Background checks are no guarantee of safety - Background checks are very limited. There's no substitute for personal responsibility.
- Many features are not really necessary - Dating sites keep making up new things and making us think we need them. Dating sites are like toilet paper: beyond certain functionality, there's only fluff. Some features are really quite useful
(ice breakers, messaging, etc.) while others are just there to make the site appear cool and funky. Don't be fooled into thinking that having more features instantly makes a site better. FULL ARTICLE @ BEST SYNDICATION
Mark Brooks: Actually, there really are more women than men on sites like PerfectMatch and Chemistry. But only for the age 45+ demographic. Mary.com reports 87% women registrants...but hey, with a name like Mary.com, no wonder.