MY FOX -- May 17 -- Is marriage dead?
- 50% of U.S. adults have a different opinion of marriage than their parents.
- 58% of U.S. adults think couples who live together in a committed relationship don't need to marry as long as they are happy.
- 78% of U.S. adults say the divorce rate in the U.S. is increasing because people get married for the wrong reasons.
- 76% of single adults disagree that marriage is a top priority for them right now.
- 66% of U.S. adults say a long-term, committed relationship is as important as marriage for a happy and fulfilling life.
- 85% agree that a person can be happy without getting married.
The study was commissioned by Chemistry.com and conducted by Harris Interactive. FULL ARTICLE @ MY FOX