USABILITYTESTING.TV -- Nov 2 -- The most important thing for dating sites is to have active members: in general, active members pay; dormant members do not. It's also important that the members can take the actions they want to take, and not what you think they should want to take. Here are the top 10 mistakes made by dating sites.
- Registration is too long.
- Photo upload is not part of the registration flow.
- No easy way to find who's online.
- Not letting members know the status of their emails (or asking them to pay for it).
- Making updating a profile tougher than necessary.
- No search by partial username.
- Not notifying users when someone "hot listed" or "favorited" them.
- Sending the content of the email to their personal email.
- Not sending real-time notifications.
- Connecting IM and Online status.
The full article was originally published at UsabilityTestings.tv, but is no longer available.