PR WEB - Feb 16 - InstantCriminalChecks.com, a provider of instant national criminal background checks, explains the risks involved with online dating and how to better protect yourself from harm. Typical dating background checks are not invasions of privacy, rather they draw on information that is, in most cases, publicly available. Dating background checks focus on criminal and sex offender histories. County criminal background checks provide the most current and up-to-date misdemeanor and felony conviction information available. Additional reports, such as instant national criminal background checks are of value as well.
There are a number of steps one should consider before meeting in person after a relationship starts online.
1. Arrive in a public place in separate vehicles.
2. Go to a location you are familiar with.
3. Always carry a fully charged cellphone.
4. Let others know where you are going and when you expect to return.
5. Never give out a home address or home phone number.
6. Conduct a dating background check prior to meeting.
FULL ARTICLE @ PR WEB