MASHABLE - Nov 22 - A study by Skout noted that 69% of people were comfortable meeting up with someone they met on their iPhone, and 40% were using a mobile dating service while out at bars, clubs and restaurants.
1. Brightkite - It isn’t a “dating” app per se, but rather, introduces local users on a basic level.
2. MeetMoi - The company’s goal is to “strip down dating to what’s essential — the introduction.”
3. OkCupid - OKCupid introduced its geo-location app to help users keep watch for local singles in July.
4. Sonar.me - By connecting to Facebook and Twitter, the app lets you see, in real time, how to connect with those physically around you.
5. Skout - With ~1M users, the service hosts one of the largest and most popular location-based dating apps on the iPhone and Android markets.
by Layla Revis
See full article at Mashable