OPW - Feb 21 - Here is a list of the most interesting scientific studies relevant to the Online dating industry for you to consider reading. Thanks to Fernando Ardenghi for recommending and researching this list. On InternetDatingScience.com we take the best academic papers and summarize them in plain English so you can improve your dating sites based on the findings in the studies. We will be summarizing some of those studies.
10 selected titles:
- "Online Dating: A Critical Analysis From the Perspective of Psychological Science" 2012 Eli J. Finkel, Paul W. Eastwick, Benjamin R. Karney, Harry T. Reis and Susan Sprecher.
- "Relationship Compatibility, Compatible Matches, and Compatibility Matching" 2011 Susan Sprecher.
- "Personality, Partner Similarity and Couple Satisfaction: Do Opposites Attract or Birds of a Feather Flock Together?" 2011 Adrienne Kaufman
- "The Role Of Linguistic Properties In Online Dating Communication – A Large-Scale Study Of Contact Initiation Messages" 2011 Valentin Schöndienst and Linh Dang-Xuan
- "Knowing your own mate value: Sex-specific personality effects on the accuracy of expected mate choices" 2011 Back, M. D., Penke, L., Schmukle, S. C. and Asendorpf, J. B.
- IDS review by Kathryn Lord
- "Assortative mating, convergence, and satisfaction in married couples" 2010 Gian Gonzaga, Steve Carter and J. Galen BuckWalter.
- "What lies beneath: The linguistic traces of deception in online dating profiles. Journal of Communication." 2010 Toma, C. and Hancock, J.T.
- "From Dating to Mating and Relating: Predictors of Initial and Long-Term Outcomes of Speed-Dating in a Community Sample" 2010 Lars Penke, et al.
- IDS review by Dr Brenner
- "Assortative mating for perceived facial personality traits. Personality and Individual" 2006 Little, AC, Burt, DM and Perrett, DI.
- "The ideal romantic partner personality" 2006 Figueredo, Sefcek and Jones.