OPW - June 27 - Last week 200+ executives, marketeers and entrepreneurs gathered at the delectable SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills for the Mobile Dating Conference. This time we were treated to three tracks of presentations and 25+ sessions.
Here's a smattering of seven things I learned at the conference.
- 27% of all emails are opened on mobile phones, so make sure your emails link to mobile optimized landing pages.
- If you choose to save money by using HTML5 to develop your mdating app, your users won't be able to easily upload photos. IOS6 will fix this soon.
- HTML5 apps don't run as fast as native apps, and LBS isn't as accurate. Plus, users have to re-permission when they use LBS. Plus plus, no notifications on HTML5 apps!
- Users will quickly bail from lackluster apps, so your HTML5 app may not be compelling enough without notifications, full LBS and photo upload.
- Direct Carrier Billing options will be available in 1-click versions within 120 days. 60% of US users use debit card, and are risk averse with idating. DCB is a strong option now, and has no chargeback fees.
- Some dating sites are using a fake profiles and user engagement service out of the Phillipines. They have 500 operators and plan to grow to 1000 people within a year!?!
- The mobile dating industry in the USA will make $200m+ in revenue this year.