MARKETWIRE - Feb 21 - iovation, the provider of device reputation protection against online fraud and abuse, found that Africa had the highest rate of online fraud when compared to all other continents in 2012.
- Africa - 7% of all transactions were fraudulent, with the highest percentages from Nigeria and Ghana.
- Asia - 5% Bangladesh, Vietnam and India.
- South America - 4%, Chile and Brazil.
- Europe - 2%, Poland, Romania and Portugal.
- North America - 1%, Mexico leading the list.
The majority of fraudulent transactions originating from Africa targeted online dating and retail websites.
The full article was originally published at Marketwire, but is no longer available.