CNBC - Mar24 - Tinder has hired the following people:
- Alexey Shelestenko, former media partnerships manager at Twitter, has joined as country manager of Russia
- Laura Roche Camera, former head of customer marketing and digital at Hastings Direct and ex-American Express marketing director, has joined as country manager of the U.K.
- Ekaterina Hadjipetkova, former growth project manager at ride sharing platform BlaBlaCar, has joined as country manager of France
- Ryo Umezawa, former country manager at HomeAway Japan, has joined as country manager of Japan for Tinder
- Morad Adjaoud, former Head of growth, acquisition and content at rival dating service Happn, has joined as head of European growth
Tinder is looking to boost the numbers of paying users, through its premium Tinder Plus. The service costs $9.99 for users under 30 years old, and $19.99 after that. Tinder had 1.7M paid members at the end of 2016, up from 0.8M the year before. Paid members are expected to rise 15% this year. For now, Tinder is not planning to open any international offices, but this could change "depending on growth over the next 12 to 18 months.