OPW - Feb 20 - Yesterday we received a take-down request for our sharing of this The Verge article (which quoted this Snopes article) with the threat of a lawsuit. Inaccurate! stated the take-down request. A few hours later I got this email from the investigative journalist and former NASA employee Alex Kasprak, author of the original Snopes article. - Mark Brooks
I noticed you published Noosphere Ventures' lackluster response to my detailed two year investigation regarding Max Polyakov's apparent current involvement in online dating. For the record, the claims made in their "statement" that you have republished refute absolutely nothing in my reporting, including these crucial facts:
- Together Networks maintains the website (and many others) we specifically caught using photos without their owner's consent to get people to signup for subscription packages. Together Networks USA's current company director, according to the State of California, is the Head of HR for Noosphere Ventures and personal assistant to Max Polyakov and/or Mark Watt.
- Together Networks USA has the same corporate address as Noosphere Ventures.
- Both principle partners of Noosphere Ventures - Max Polyakov and Mark Watt - were once if not currently shareholders in the BVI-registered shell company Phoenix Holdings Limited, which owns the bulk of the past Cupid plc catalog.
- The fact that Max Polyakov resigned his directorship of Cupid plc in 2012 is wholly irrelevant to the issue at hand since it is public knowledge he purchased many if not most of these websites back through his firm Grendall Investments Limited in 2014.
- The company "which may or may not have a similar previous name" to "Firefly Aerospace" was "Firefly Aerospace UK." The director of that company (now Arosky Services Limited), Laura Edison, served as the legal counsel for the former Cupid and current Polyakov-associated website named Uniform Dating in a recent legal dispute. Edison was a contracted general counsel to Noosphere Ventures - according to her own Linkedin profile - until we asked her about it. That item was removed from her profile following our request for comment.
Mr. Polyakov and Mr. Watt may have an intimidating legal team and PR staff, but that does not mean they can pay for their own version of reality.