Superheroes is a Women In Dating campaign to recognize and celebrate the superheroes among us, those women transforming lives through their daily contributions and betterment to our industry. Each month, the Women In Dating council will honor a woman superhero who we are better for having part of our lives and industry. Historically, women invest more in female founders, hire more women, and have a greater return for investors. We need female superheroes to build equity in industries and work environments.
Some statistics for female founders:
- Female founders raised just 2% of venture capital in 2021
- 2021 was a record year for fundraising with $330B, nearly doubling the previous record in 2020.
- Women-led companies saw $6.4B of this $330B, which is +83% higher than 2020 but still disproportionately lower than the total funding for the year.
- Massive growth for female fundraising came from female angel investors, which grew after the #MeToo movement.
- Women-led companies deliver higher revenue with more than twice as much per dollar invested.