OPW - Paul has been focused on payment processing for online subscriptions for the last 30 years. He has run Paul Larsen Consulting since 2003 and advises dating and social and other subscription companies on payment processing strategy and tactics. Paul mentioned 8 points regarding the current subscription economy after its continued 10-year rise:
- Subscriptions are saturated, yet, subscriptions are expanding relentlessly.
- The Economy is soft.
- Involuntary churn is climbing rapidly.
- The networks have created havoc by redefining declines.
- The networks are cracking down on chargebacks.
- The networks have developed challenging recurring rules.
- Merchants will be penalized with higher fees for not using tokens.
- But there is a silver lining in each of these.
He brings a world of payment processing knowledge, and specific context experience and gives us the latest scoop on payment processing in our sometimes challenging field.
LTR stands for Love, Technology, Relationships and the online conference covers the Internet dating and Online Social Communities space. It is for members of IDEA and OSCA.
The April LTR was kindly sponsored by RealMe, vPaaS by Meet Group, FaceTec, OneRep, and Courtland Brooks