- Taking effect in January 2023
- If you do business in Utah, you are either required to conduct background criminal checks on all your users whether they are in Utah or not. Or, say "We don't do background checks on our users, your safety may be at risk."
- Build Online Dating Safety Hub with safety guidelines.
- Fine - the number of your users in Utah x $250.
Connecticut Act Concerning Online Dating Operators
- Taking effect in October 2022.
- By Oct 1st you have to verify the identity of everyone on your app. Then you either do background checks and kick off people with criminal convictions or you have to say that you don't do background checks and that their safety may be at risk.
- Build Online Dating Safety Hub
- Keep data of every Connecticut for 2 years.
- Fine - $25K per instance
RealMe can verify the identity of your users using phone numbers and do background checks and reputation checks.
Mark Brooks: Neil will cover the upcoming New Jersey law which is similar to the CT law in the next Trust & Safety Connect online panel discussion on Aug 17th. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free seat.