TECH CRUNCH - Match Group announced a series of changes to Tinder's management team alongside the announcement of disappointing Q2 earnings. Notably, Tinder CEO Renate Nyborg will be departing the company after less than a year in the top job. Match Group is also killing Tinder's plans to adopt new technology, like virtual currencies and metaverse-based dating. Alongside the departure of Nyborg, Tinder will have a reorganized management team that also includes:
- Faye Iosotaluno, formerly Match Group's chief strategy officer, as Tinder's COO
- Mark van Ryswyk, as Tinder's chief product officer.
- Melissa Hobley, formerly OkCupid's CMO, as Tinder's CMO.
- Tom Jacques, as Tinder's chief technology officer.
- Advisor Amarnath Thombre. The current CEO of Match Group Americas and 15-year Match Group veteran will advise the Tinder management team on product roadmap and growth.