Q: What was the reason for starting anti-scam services?
A: During the first 2-3 years in [the flower] business we started to note that approximately one of every 20 orders was sent to the address without intended recipient – the person was either not living there, or wasn't ever seen. This situation led us to the conclusion that we are, somehow, helping some people who are trying to earn money by scamming Americans. The service is called RussianScamCheck.org. The main idea of this site is to help our clients to check if their foreign lady isn't a fake. Basically, for $40 our courier delivers one beautifully wrapped rose, with a message on a card to the woman of client's concern. If the girl exist, she opens the door and gets rose and a card, shows us some piece of ID and signs the acknowledgement of receipt. For an additional small charge, courier also makes a photo of this woman and we send it to the client.
Q: With permission from the woman, right?
A: Yes, of course.
Q: Do you have any statistics regarding such scam checks?
A: Approximately 80% of all scam checks we conduct lead to scammers of different kinds. While the other 20% are absolutely normal people, who then become recipients for the gifts and flowers of our clients.
This original exclusive interview was made for daters.ru